Learning Bursts are short, targeted segments of training that deliver valuable knowledge at the time you want it, when you want it – the learner sets the time and pace – thus the learning is known as ‘self-directed’. Each burst consists of an 8-10 minute audio segment (considered to be an optimum attention span, and thus ideal for busy learners) together with supporting material in a workbook format. This makes it an ideal mobile learning approach. Here, for example, are some of the key topic areas in the Business Acumen course:
- Business Models
- Asset-light approach
- Working capital management
- Fixed cost
- Financial ratios and analysis
- IRR, NPV, ROI, market value, and shareholder value concepts.
The innovative approach to self-directed learning of Learning Bursts provides learners with:
- Mobility: Audio files can be stored and used with any device that handles mp3 files. There is no need to be tied to a PC as is the case of a typical online 'eLearning' program.
- Flexibility and Focus: You can pick the topics in a sequence or grouping in a way that meets your learning needs.
- Convenience: The workbook accompanying the audio files is provided as a PDF, giving learners the convenience of easily printing out whatever material they need. There is no need to spend time printing out screen shots one-by-one, as is usually the case in online eLearning programs.